Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Touch of a Hand....



Happy Winter Everyone!  Mommy, Daddy and I took a special trip to see my great-grandmother.  She is an amazing woman and I'm so lucky that she is around to visit.  We drove to Hebrew Rehab Center where she lives.  Daddy went to go and pick her up and take her to a really pretty part of the center.  While we waited for Bubbe, we looked at fish, sat in cool chairs and said hello to the other visitors.




Bubbe didn't talk too much, but she smiled a lot.  At first, I wasn't sure what to think.  Then as I warmed up to her, I would sit with Mommy or Daddy and look at her to see what she was doing.




Then, Bubbe would put out her hand.  At first, I wasn't sure, but then I put my hand out too.  She was very gentle.  She gave me a big smile.  Then I gave her a big smile right back.




By the end of our visit, I wanted to hold hands with her forever.  We held hands all the way back to her room until we had to say good-bye.

It was a really special moment and I look forward to the next time that we get to visit with her.

I love you, Bubbe!

Love,
Clive

No comments:

Post a Comment